What is the Reset Program For Fatigue 121 ?
The Reset Program For Fatigue 121 is the Optimum Health Clinic’s ground-breaking psychology-based course. The Optimum Health Clinic is one of the world’s leading clinics specialising in ME, CFS and Fibromyalgia, with a number of the clinic’s teams having personal experience in these areas.
The 90 Day Program was originally created in 2006 and since then it has been consistently revised and updated by the OHC psychology department. In 2019 Alex Howard, the founder of the OHC, created an online psychology based program called The RESET Program. The Reset Program for Fatigue 121 brings together both of these cutting-edge courses, allowing you to experience the best of both in a supported way.
All of the psychology practitioners who run the Reset Program for Fatigue – 121 have had their own personal experience of ME/CFS, which gives them a real understanding of the kind of challenges that patients are dealing with. One of the most challenging things that the psychology practitioners found on their personal journeys was the overwhelming variety of different ideas and approaches.
The Reset Program for Fatigue 121 helps take the guess work out of the process, integrating the very best of different approaches available. It is ultimately an approach that is greater than the sum of the parts.
What are the core components of the Reset Program for Fatigue – 121?
The program is run over a period of approximately 6 months and offers a combination of online videos and resources with four and a half hours of one to one therapeutic coaching sessions with a practitioner at OHC.
The content of the program has been formed from what we call “The 3 Pillars of Healing,” and they are as follows:
1. The Healing Zone
- This section combines the latest research, along with OHC’s immense clinical experience, to teach you practical tools to calm your nervous system and switch off the maladaptive stress response
- You will learn to get your body consistently into the optimum healing state and support its natural capacity to heal
2. Emotional healing
- As we learn to calm our mind and nervous system, often we will need to work with our emotions and cultivate a new relationship with our body
- You will learn EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) which is at the forefront of the new field becoming known as “Energy Psychology”
- You will also learn techniques from psychotherapy and coaching to support your emotional healing
- Knowing what to do is not the same as doing what we know! Significant emphasis will be placed on cultivating new habits and putting what you learn into action
- You will learn the different ways we tend to sabotage ourselves (particularly on the healing journey) and how to work with your body and mind, not against them
- You will be introduced to the Wheel of Balanced recovery tool to help you plot progress so far and identify areas that need further attention.
How is this different to other programs out there?
There are three key factors which distinguish the Program from other approaches available.
This is the first truly integrative program, taking a holistic view which necessarily involves the mind, body and emotions. Optimum health is the harmony of these three elements working together and treating just one of them consequently misses parts of the puzzle.
The second key difference is that the format of the program also ensures that you not only have the tools to make the changes that you need, but also have the time and support to reinforce them. The unique format gives you a personal introduction one to one session by zoom at the beginning of the program, so you can get to know your psychology practitioner and learn the best way to approach the program.
The following weeks include a combination of videos, homework and four hours of one to one sessions where the materials you are learning are individualised and tailored to you, and you can ask questions and be supported to put everything you are learning into place. The combination of one to one sessions and the online materials support you to begin the process of change, and you will be supported to continue and implement that change.
This program is the result of years of different formats in which the psychology team have tried to precipitate and simplify the journey; it is the integration of not just all of the cutting-edge approaches available, but also the most effective way of applying them.
The third essential difference to other approaches is that many of those delivering the program have personally been through the very experiences of those on the program. This gives the team a truly compassionate and understanding approach.
What approaches have influenced this program?
Some of the approaches that have laid the foundations for and influenced the program include:
- The Lightning Process
- Reverse Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- The Enneagram
- Life coaching
- Hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
What if I start the program and find it is too much for me at the moment?
Having run numerous programs, we are only too aware of the fears and anxieties people can have about their ability to complete an ongoing program. However, we have also found that delegates are consistently surprised at their ability to keep up with their process, especially as the whole focus is on optimising energy as they go along anyway. You will also have lifetime access to all of the materials, meaning you can revisit the content as many times as you like.
This sounds like amazing value for money, but I’m still not sure I can afford it?
We are very sensitive to the financial reality and difficulties of many of those we work with. The majority of people that come to OHC are unable to work full time and a number are on benefits. We do all that we can to make the program affordable to all interested parties, for example allowing participants to pay in instalments. Please contact us to discuss this further.
What changes can I expect as a result of doing this program?
By the end of the program you will have an in-depth understanding of the latest psychology tools developed by the OHC psychology department. As you will probably know, every situation is different. Some participants see significant changes in a few days or a few weeks, whilst for others, change will be a more gradual process, based on the specific make up of their background and personal experiences. In our experience this is very normal – and while there are approaches out there that will claim they can offer “cures” and “95% success rates,” this can be very misleading. It can take only a few days to change a mindset, but there is a reality where sometimes the body takes time to adjust. We are also much more interested in lasting change, than short-term peaks that can sometimes result in severe crashes further down the road.
What is the cancellation policy of the program?
We are not able to accept cancellations at any point once enrolled on the program. In addition, anyone paying by instalments who cancels before the final instalment will need to complete payment of any remaining instalments owed. We are unfortunately unable to give refunds under any circumstances.
The Reset Program for Fatigue 121 Outline
Stage 1: Preparation
We recommend that you digest the following before your first one to one session (all of which are included in the price of the course):
- Video 1 How Trauma Affects Your Body
- Video 2 What Creates a Maladaptive Stress response
- Video 3 How to RESET your system for physical and emotional Healing
- “Learn to Relax” audio program (2hrs) – MP3 download
- “The Sleep Inducer” audio program (2hrs) – MP3 download
Stage 2: A half hour session with your psychology practitioner to get to know each other and be guided as to what to do next.
Stage 3: Watch the Mindset of Change Video and then have a 60 minute one to one session with your psychology practitioner who will then be making sure that you approach the program at a pace to suit you.
The one to one zoom sessions will be an opportunity to ask questions and reinforce your learning from the videos of the fundamental principles and techniques of program:
Topics covered include:
- Developing and implementing your personalized toolkit
- Setting intelligent goals to support you moving forwards
- How to eliminate self-judgement and self-sabotage patterns
- How to understand the deeper reasons behind your situation
- How to increase activity in a way that works for you as you are ready
- How to rebuild your confidence and reintegrate into the life you want
- How to create a balanced approach to recovery using the Wheel of Balanced Recovery tool.
Included in the Reset Program for Fatigue – 121 :
- 4 and a half hours of one to one zoom sessions with your practitioner
- 25+ hours of video content on teachable to support your recovery journey
- 12 months access to our Conscious 2 website with 127 video courses about lifestyle, mindfulness and yoga (300+ hours of content)
- “Learn to Relax” audio program – MP3 download
- “The Sleep Inducer” audio program– MP3 download
What if I have previously done the RESET program?
For those who have previously purchased & completed RESET, it is possible to still do this program with 1-2-1 consultations with your practitioner. This comes with a reduced cost and can be discussed with one of our New Client Coordinators in a Discovery Call
How do I sign up for The RESET Program for Fatigue – 121?
Book a free Discovery Call with one of our New Client Coordinators to find out more and whether the program is the right fit for you.
You can find the form at https://www.theoptimumhealthclinic.com/15minutechat/