The Optimum Health Clinic funds research into integrative medicine to improve the lives of people living with ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia.
Each year, nearly a quarter of a million sufferers in the UK, don’t receive the care they need to recover and, like you, we want this to change.
We are currently fundraising for a unique, three-year, randomised clinical trial with the aim that our treatments will soon be available to all, via the NHS. The trial was officially announced at a reception at the House of Lords for the research collaboration with University of Surrey.
Here is a summary of the key points in our case for this trial:
- Delivering positive health outcomes free for all sufferers of ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia
- There are an estimated 250,000 ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia sufferers in this country
- Of those 250,000, it is estimated that only 8,000 are diagnosed, assessed and treated by the NHS
- Conventional treatments from the NHS offer very little hope of recovery
- There is a significant need for an alternative treatment option for ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia sufferers
- Our integrative medicine approach offers a unique combination of nutritional therapy including a functional medicine approach and a range of psychological therapies
- Of the 6,000 ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia sufferers we have treated over the last 11 years, we know from our own surveys that 93% have benefited from our integrative medicine approach to treatment and many have fully recovered
- If we can help 93% of the individuals we see, it follows that we could help 93% of all 250,000 ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia sufferers
- We believe that our integrative medicine treatments should therefore be offered as a treatment choice by the NHS to all 250,000 ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia sufferers
- In order to achieve that objective, we need first to produce the evidence that our treatments are safe and effective
- We will conduct a ‘pilot project’ for 136 ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia sufferers in order to deliver positive health outcomes free for these individuals and produce the evidence based results required by the NHS
- We will then seek to persuade the NHS to offer integrative medicine as a treatment choice to all sufferers of ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia.
If you would like to read the full document you can view it here.
If you would like to get involved in fundraising for this exciting new research, you can run a fundraising event, we have fundraising ideas and a guide to getting started, along with fundraising stories to inspire you.